Here are my top few thoughts on the need for employer branding:
Why is it important?
- Attracting great talent biggest challenge (Randstad Report)
- Brand Image and company reputation play most important (Aon Hewitt, LinkedIn India survey)
- New communication / media platforms require organizations to build their presence across a variety of media platforms
- Employer Branding strategy helps in attracting better culturally fit candidates
- It has real benefits - see this from CEB research
- Communicate the distinctive Employee Value Proposition (EVP) for specific talent segments
- Build the organizations' brand leveraging digital media
- Help the recruiting team move from “outreach” (sales model) to build “inbound” (marketing model) talent - attracting the "right" kind of talent.
Components of Employer Branding
- Finding the right partner agency to work along with - Most communications agencies have little or no understanding of the O2C - Organization to Candidate ecosystem
- Helping your Top Leaders, Recruiters and Hiring Managers to start thinking of themselves as brand ambassadors
- Creating a culture where employees think of themselves as storytellers and feel free to share internal stories with their professional networks - without waiting for permission
- Finding a tool to track conversation to inbound traffic to applicants to effective hiring
Attracting great talent