Effective Date: 1st of August, 2016
1. Information collection We collect information to give a better service to all our users. Users of the platform may be Clients (anyone using the GME to find professional support from experts for their projects) or Experts (any independent professional using the GME to provide professional support to the Clients). We collect information in the following ways:
• Information you give us - When you register on the GME, we collect some “personal information” like your name, photo, gender, address, telephone number, email address that can be used to identify you and used to contact you. We may also seek personally identifiable information (such as examples of your work, feedback of your work previously performed via GME and outside,CV and government issued identification) which we consider necessary to provide our services and also are required for our tax fillings.
• Information about payments - When you use our online invoicing platform for making or receiving payments, we collect information about the financial transactions. This includes your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, PayPal or other financial account and authentication information, as well as billing address and contact details.
• Information from audience below eighteen years of age -Our services are available only for people who are 18 or older and we do not intend to collect personal information from anybody below this age group.
• Information from your Device - We collect information when you use our services and website on computers, phones and other devices. This helps us in providing consistent services across all your devices. These data include for example your IP address, the previous URL, your browser, your operating system, hardware version, cookie information, device locations or device settings and device identifiers.
• Information from third party parties - We receive information about you from third parties such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or any feedback from a person about your experiences and interactions with them.
• Testimonials - We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Service, in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Work listing through the platform – If you choose to post a requirement in order to find an expert, the contents of such requirement will be made public unless you make it private by using the settings on our website.
• Social Networks – If you sign in on our platform using your login information of an online community (such as LinkedIn or XING) (“Social Network”) or link your account to your account with the social network, we will use the information provided to the social network to create your account.
2. Information usage – We are passionate about offering high calibre businesses worldwide unparalleled access to some of the world’s finest independent professionals, quickly and easily via the GME. Broadly, we use all of the information we collect to provide better service to you and also in the following ways:
• Process your registration on our platform and verify the information you provide is valid for compliance and our internal business purposes
• Display your profile name, profile photo on the GME
• Determine your potential interest in receiving emails or other communications about specific requirements posted on the GME
• Maintenance, Protection and Improvement of our website and services
• Communicate with you by sending marketing communications, updates about our services, policies and terms. We also use your information to contact you when you contact us.
• To assess your proposal to advice as an independent professional on the GME
• Promote safety and security by using the information to verify accounts and activity, to investigate suspicious activities and violation of our terms and policies by any GME users.
• Send you communications from our business partners (Third Parties) which we may deem to be interest to you. In all such communications, we may provide you with an option to unsubscribe yourself from any future communications from the third party.
• Use information collected from Cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our service.
3. Information sharing and disclosure – People use our platform to connect and engage with others.Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of GME and any of its sub-domains, such as in online forums or chat rooms, such information may be collected and used by others over whom GME has no control. We may share the information collected about you in the following ways:
• Information about Experts shared with Clients and Businesses – We share information about your account registered on our website with the public. If you choose to work as an Expert via the platform, we will share information relevant to your application with the applicable Client (s) including but not limited to the information contained in your profile.
• Information about Clients and Businesses shared with Experts – If you have entered into a service contract with the client we may have to provide him\her with your name, address or tax ID to complete the transaction or for dispute resolution.
• External Providers – We may share your personal information with external service providers employed by us. For instance, third parties providing maintenance services, technical support, data analytics and payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of the GME.
• New Owner – If the ownership or control of all or part of our services changes, we may share your information with the new owner.
• Legal purposes – We may disclose your personal information to the government and law enforcement agencies as necessitated by the law in the respective country. Such disclosure may be essential in circumstances like a) to respond to claims in the course of governmental or third party investigations b) to protect the safety of a GME user or any third party c) to prevent any illegal, fraudulent and unethical activity.
• International transfer of your information - Your data will be stored and processed on our servers which may be inside or outside India and your usage of the GME constitutes consent to the transfer of your data out of India
4. Managing your personal information – You can manage your personal information and the content you share by editing your profileon the GME. Incase, you want to delete your account from the GME you can do so by contacting us email@example.com. Unless you make specific requests to delete certain information, we may retain the information we collect about you for at least five years and may retain the information needed for as long as for business and legal purposes.
5. Safety of your personal information - We work hard to protect the GME users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or sharing of personal information. For instance, when you enter sensitive information like your credit card number we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). But please note that no method of transmission via the internet and electronic storage is fool proof. Thus, GME does not warrant the security of information you share with us.
6. Recommendations – If you want to recommend our website to a friend, we will ask the name and email address of your acquaintance to send a onetime email to visit our site. GME platform can also be used to send project requirements to your friends.