"Be Punctual, Be Prepared, Be Participatory, Be Positive, Be Polite, Be Productive, Be Proactive, Be Professional."
Effective Office Meeting
- Set clear objectives: is your meeting a brainstorm session, informative or decision making, etc.,
- Prepare an agenda, distribute it in advance to all the participants and stick to the agenda.
- Ensure that the meeting is chaired.
- Arrange the location in advance and inform all the participants.
- Ensure that appropriate supporting information is circulated in time to be useful.
- Make sure you are not disturbed (no mobiles).
- Be on time.
- Be prepared.
- Stay focused.
- Ensure participation of all participants, avoid dominance.
- Ensure accurate recording of meeting’s minutes/notes.
- Take a break for meetings extending 1.5 hours.
- Having an efficient meeting is a great teamwork.
- Ask questions, there is nothing wrong about it.
- Make sure the meeting has appropriate opening and closing.
- Always end meetings on time and attempt to end on a positive note.
- At the end of the meeting summarize the outcomes, review actions and assignments, and set up the next meeting if necessary.
- Make sure the minutes of the meeting are distributed to all the attendants not later than in the two following days.